Chronicles of Jetlag and How Much I Slept

Hey there, Readers!

As most of you know, I was in the States for three months, but now I am back home, which is good but kinda sad at the same time. We’ll have a longer blog post about that later.

The flight was good, everything went smoothly, it was just sooooo lonnnnggggg. Seriously. Like… over 12 hours of traveling with four siblings under 12. It was interesting, to say the least. Also, for some reason, the thought of airplane food makes me nauseous right now.

But we got home in one piece! Nobody got sick or puked or injured themselves. Luggage went smoothly, security checks went smoothly, honestly, it was the best we’ve had so far.

But it took aaaaaaaagggggggggggeeeeeeeesssssssss. I don’t think I was ever so happy in my life to see my room. But then we couldn’t sleep until at least 6, because we’d get messed up with the time even more. So I fell asleep before the rest of my siblings around 6:40-7 and was like a rock.

Until 3 in the morning.

For some reason, my body was like “:D šŸ˜€ Sun’s up, morning’s here! Up and at ’em! šŸ˜€ :D”. And it also thought it was breakfast time for some odd reason. So I’m awake at three, super hungry, and tired but unable to sleep because my body is all messed up. What did I do?

What any human does, faced with this. I lay in bed for the next three hours. And then I fell asleep again. Until 8. Then I was up for maybe 30 minutes? And then I fell asleep. Until 10. And finally, at 10, I then fell asleep until one.

Yes. One in the afternoon. Don’t judge.

Next night was better. I caught my dad in the kitchen eating Reese’s at four in the morning, but I got one, so it was all good. And then I woke up completely at… 10:30?

Today I got up at 9:30. I think I have made good progress.

Hope you all enjoyed that.

So now I’m back in my house, in Africa, with my family and my dog (super happy to see him!!) and my friends.

Which is nice. Good to be back.

I miss my family and friends in the States, obviously. I miss them a lot. But I’m back in my house, with friends I left, and a place I’m used to. Life is full of goodbyes, we can’t change that, and if we can’t change our circumstances, then we should adapt to them and be joyful, because sitting and being depressed won’t change a thing.

So yes, I will miss them, and yes, I will shed tears and need chocolate and hugs, but I’m not going to let that rule me.

I’m excited for what this season of my life is going to look like.

I don’t want to act depressed and lonely, because I am not. I’m not immune to feeling sad, either, I just don’t want to let it rule my life.

And now I need to go take a shower, cause it’s one in the afternoon and I still haven’t brushed my hair and probably look like a hobo.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s